The International Woodworking Fair (IWF) recently announced 23 finalists for the 2018 Challengers Award, and nine WMIA member companies were among those finalists.
The purpose of the Challengers Award is to encourage and promote the development of innovative new technology in the field of woodworking machinery, supplies, and services for the furniture, kitchen cabinets, architectural woodwork, store fixture, upholstery, or specialty and general wood product industries.
The finalist judging takes place the day before IWF opens. On that Tuesday, the finalists perform live demonstrations for the panel of judges, who then make their final decisions on the most innovative product developments.
Those WMIA members which were named finalists are:
- Axiom Tool Group, Axiom Stratus Air Cleaner
- Biesse, Biesse bPad
- Cefla North America, J-Print TD with my Texture Technology
- Doucet Machineries Inc., ALYX – Clamp Carrier Automatic Loading
- Felder Group USA, Format-4 creator 950
- Hafele America Co., Hafele ixconnect Spreading Connector SC 8/25
- Machine Tool Camp, HARP CNC Machining Center
- SCM, SCM Router with HE-POD Technology
- Weinig/Holz-Her, Weinig ServoLock Tool Wrench
The Challengers Award culminates with a presentation held on the show floor on opening day, August 22, during which the winners are announced and presented with the bronze sculpture.
WMIA congratulates its members on this achievement.