Volunteers are at the heart of the US Technical Advisory Group’s (TAG) work. Because of the contributions of volunteers’ time, talent, and expertise, the TAG is able to actively participate in the development of ISO woodworking machinery safety standards.
Volunteering will allow you to:
- Assist in shaping international standards for woodworking machinery through ISO’s consensus building development process.
- Unique opportunity to gain a broader understanding of the particular machine(s) addressed by the standard
- Make valuable business and personal connections by working alongside other members in the ISO Working Groups (WG). This will help broaden your network and build connections with other machine experts in the industry at the global level.
Expectations of volunteers:
- Respond in a timely manner to requests from the TAG to review draft standards and provide technical comments.
- Participate in TAG conference calls when asked
- Attend one in-person meeting of the ISO Working Group (usually held in Germany or France)
- Advise the TAG on ballots related to your work on particular draft(s)
Don’t miss this great opportunity to influence standards at the global level.
Various opportunities are available. To learn about our current open calls, please email email@example.com.