Colonial Saw Company, Inc.
Field Service Technician – CNC Grinding Machinery
We are looking for a multi-talented and experienced Field Service Technician/Engineer. Candidates should have training and/or experience working with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric and electronic systems. Applicants must be able to read and interpret schematics and have an understanding of electronics, motion controls, relay logic and Windows PCs. Deep expertise is not required, but a working knowledge is necessary to be successful. Rudimentary math skills (light algebra and business math) are expected.
This position is “Field Service”; applicants should expect 50-70% overnight travel. Destinations are mostly domestic but some international.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of new machinery
- Performing preventative maintenance on machinery
- Troubleshooting and repair of machines in the field (This is a hands on position, our technicians get dirty.)
- Troubleshooting of machines over the phone and remotely using Teamviewer internet software
- Training operators on safe and efficient operation of the machines
- Performing trade show demonstrations
- Accurate tracking of inventory, customer service call billings, and expenses
- Parts sales, machine rebuilding and warehouse support when in house.
- HS Diploma or GED is required
- Field service and / or machine assembly experience is required
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Experience working with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric and electronic systems
- Understanding of electronics, CNC motion controls, relay logic and PCs
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Math skills in algebra, trigonometry, and business math
- CAD experience
Colonial Saw is a leading importer of CNC-controlled machinery from Italy, Switzerland, and Turkey. The machines are used in grinding shops all over North America to grind carbide and HSS tools used in the wood, plastics, metal and composites industries. You can learn more about Colonial Saw at www.csaw.com.
Fax or email resume to: 781-585-9375 or email@example.com.