WMIA is here for you
Coronavirus (COVID-19) poses challenges to us all. The staff at WMIA hope you, your family, friends, and co-workers are all safe and well. As we continue navigating this pandemic together, we want you to know that we are committed to continually providing our services to members. If there’s anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Working from Home? Check out the Joint Technology Committee’s Latest Webinar!
The WMIA and WMMA Joint Technology Committee has created an informative webinar on… WEBINARS. Interested in learning how to choose which webinar software you and your company should use? Click here to access the JTC‘s webinar and related materials.
WMIA’s Wooden Globe Awards – Educator of the Year
The WMIA announced on April 24 that Jeffrey Wasserman, an instructor at Seattle Central College’s Wood Technology Center, will receive the 2020 Educator of the Year Wooden Globe Award.
Welcome to Our New Members!
- Advantek Machinery, LLC (Distributor): www.advantekmachinery.com
- Akins Machinery, Div. of Wurth Baer Supply Co. (Importer): www.akinsmachinery.com
- EGGER Wood Products (Associate): www.egger.com/shop/en_US
- Giardina USA (Importer): www.giardinausa.com
- Kraft Machines Inc. (Importer): www.kraftmachines.com
- Lico Machinery inc. (Importer): www.licoinc.net
- Limz Machinery Group LLC (Distributor): www.limzmachinery.com
- MB-Maschinenbau GmBH (Importer): www.mb-maschinenbau.de
- Mozaik Software, LLC (Distributor): www.mozaiksoftware.com
- Nutek Machinery LLC (Associate): www.nutekmachinery.com
- OTB Machinery, Inc. (Distributor): www.otbmachinery.com
- Scilm America Inc. (Associate): www.scilmamerica.com
- Uniboard Canada Inc. (Associate): www.uniboard.com
Biesse Group Donates PPE Equipment
The Biesse Group continues to provide tangible support for the local fight against COVID-19. Following a donation for the purchase of technology to help the most critical patients and a fundraising campaign, the manufacturing departments are also being recruited, specifically the unit that handles Additive Manufacturing.
High School Students get CNC Experience Building Musical Instruments
“Larry Farrell has done it all. He’s worked in transportation technology, video production, electronics, architecture and construction, mechanical and engineering with CAD-based design. If you ask him what he’s enjoyed most, though, he’ll answer without skipping a beat—being the Manufacturing Technology Instructor at Frank Scott Bunnell High School. His three classes, Introduction to Manufacturing Technology, Manufacturing Technology, and Advanced Manufacturing Technology, light a fire for creating things in students that may not have found their passion otherwise.”
To read more, visit Woodworking Network.
Virginia Tech Housing Report – February 2020
Virginia Tech – U.S. Forest Service has published its housing market commentaries for February 2020. These commentaries contain in-depth data and comments on the U.S. housing market.
Part 2: Economic conditions – https://www.woodproducts.sbio.vt.edu/housing-report/casa-2020-02b-february-econ-cond.pdf
The housing report is a free service of Virginia Tech, Virginia Cooperative Extension, and the U.S. Forest Service. The reports are intended to help you gauge future business activity. All past housing reports are archived at: https://www.woodproducts.sbio.vt.edu/housing-report/.
To read past housing reports, click here.
Where Are They Now? Requests
To date, WMIA has awarded nearly $450,000 in financial support to students looking to continue their education in the wood industry. But once these scholarship recipients graduate, what happens to them? Do they stay in the industry or do they pursue another path? WMIA has recently begun profiling past scholarship recipients. We’re looking for more past recipients, so if you received a scholarship or know someone who has, please contact Jody Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about some of our past recipients by visiting here.
April 20-23, 2021
2021 Woodworking Industry Conference (WIC)
- 1.WMIA News – August 2017
- 2.Member Profile: Atlantic Machinery (October/November 2017)
- 3.Member Spotlight: Riccardo Azzoni, Atlantic Machinery (October/November 2017)
- 4.President’s Message: October/November 2017
- 5.WMIA News: October/November 2017
- 6.Chairman of the Board’s Message – January 2018
- 7.WMIA News: January 2018
- 8.President’s Message: February 2018
- 9.WMIA News: February 2018
- 10.Member Spotlight: Jason Dingess, Quis Machinery, Inc. (May/June 2018)
- 11.Member Profile: Quis Machinery (May/June 2018)
- 12.Chairman’s Message: May/June 2018
- 13.WMIA News: May/June 2018
- 14.WMIA News: September/October 2018
- 15.WMIA News: April 2020
- 16.WMIA News: May 2020
- 17.WMIA News: June 2020
- 18.WMIA News: July 2020
- 19.WMIA News: August 2020
- 20.WMIA News: September 2020
- 21.WMIA News: October 2020
- 22.WMIA News: November 2020
- 23.WMIA News: January 2021
- 24.WMIA News: February 2021
- 25.WMIA News: March 2021