Vice Chairman of the Board and Education Committee Member Presents Scholarship Award
Vice Chairman of the Board and Education Committee Member, Pascal Doucet, recently visited École Nationale du Meuble et de L’Ébénisterie and presented Aline Moreau with her WMIA scholarship award.
Wood Industry Career Awareness Campaign Now Live – Here’s How You Can Help!
You Wood is a new industry-wide career awareness campaign dedicated to providing information and resources about careers in wood. The campaign was developed by WIRC (Wood Industry Resource Collaborative), a group of leadership representatives from wood industry organizations. WMIA is a Founding and Executive member of WIRC, and other member associations include AWFS and WMMA (also both Executive members), AWI, CPA, IWF Atlanta, NWFA, NBMDA, WCMA, and WMA.
Want to help spread the word on this campaign?
- Follow and share You Wood social accounts and posts:
- Use the hashtag #YouWood on industry career-related social media posts
- Redistribute the press release about the launch of You Wood to colleagues and customers
- Link to the You Wood site on your website as an industry resource
- Feature the You Wood website in your customer newsletters
- Feature You Wood banner ads and images on your site or within customer newsletters.
- Forward any of the following to the WIRC team:
– Industry research
– Relevant articles about the wood industry
– Wood industry career data
– Industry event information (events should be open AND applicable to students/job seekers)
– Contact information for individuals we can potentially feature/showcase on the You Wood website
– Any content you create that would be of interest to students and/or job seekers
- Share your feedback with the WIRC team!
Complete the WMIA/WMMA Joint Technology Committee Survey Today
Earlier this month, membership was sent a link to a survey from the WMIA/WMMA Joint Technology Committee. If you or someone else from your company has already taken the survey, many thanks. If you have not yet taken the survey, please read on.
Every year the Joint Technology Committee is given ideas for future presentations. This year’s topic is a great spin-off from the questions you often ask us:
“Are mass email campaigns still worth it?”
“Am I competing with my dealer for this AdWords?”
“Are the videos we are doing enough?
“Did that big sale originate with the trade show, the open house, or the email campaign?”
Of course, the Joint Technology Committee is never going to answer these questions for you and your company, but our goal is to help you find the tools that will allow you to create your own analysis. This survey was sent with that goal in mind.
The survey does not ask for your name or company (only what type of member you are). This will help ensure confidentiality. If you would like to complete the survey and help make the Joint Technology Committee’s webinar even better, the survey can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MQP7W3Z.
WMIA Educational Foundation Still Accepting Scholarship Applications
There’s still time to get in your 2021 WMIA Educational Foundation Scholarship application!
The WMIA Educational Foundation is now accepting applications for its 2021 scholarship program. Every year, the WMIA gives out college scholarships to students who want to study wood technology, machinery, and related fields. To date, the Foundation has provided more than $480,000 to assist talented students with furthering their educational and career goals.
Any student or college-bound individual who is planning to enroll, or is currently enrolled, in a wood science or wood technology program is eligible to apply. Scholarship candidates must have graduated from high school or its equivalent before July 1, 2021. The deadline for applications is March 26, 2021.
For more information, visit the scholarship page on our website.
Virginia Tech Housing Report – December 2020
Virginia Tech – U.S. Forest Service has published its housing market commentaries for December 2020. These commentaries contain in-depth data and comments on the U.S. housing market.
Part 2: Economic conditions – https://www.woodproducts.sbio.vt.edu/housing-report/casa-2020-12b-december-econ-cond.pdf
The housing report is a free service of Virginia Tech, Virginia Cooperative Extension, and the U.S. Forest Service. The reports are intended to help you gauge future business activity. All past housing reports are archived at: https://www.woodproducts.sbio.vt.edu/housing-report/.
To read past housing reports, click here.
Where Are They Now? Requests
To date, WMIA has awarded over $480,000 in financial support to students looking to continue their education in the wood industry. But once these scholarship recipients graduate, what happens to them? Do they stay in the industry or do they pursue another path? WMIA has recently begun profiling past scholarship recipients. We’re looking for more past recipients, so if you received a scholarship or know someone who has, please contact Jody Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about some of our past recipients by visiting here.
July 20-23, 2021
2021 AWFS Fair
Las Vegas, NV
May 3-6, 2022
2022 Woodworking Industry Conference (WIC)
Paradise Island, Bahamas
August 23-26, 2022
2022 International Woodworking Fair
- 1.WMIA News – August 2017
- 2.Member Profile: Atlantic Machinery (October/November 2017)
- 3.Member Spotlight: Riccardo Azzoni, Atlantic Machinery (October/November 2017)
- 4.President’s Message: October/November 2017
- 5.WMIA News: October/November 2017
- 6.Chairman of the Board’s Message – January 2018
- 7.WMIA News: January 2018
- 8.President’s Message: February 2018
- 9.WMIA News: February 2018
- 10.Member Spotlight: Jason Dingess, Quis Machinery, Inc. (May/June 2018)
- 11.Member Profile: Quis Machinery (May/June 2018)
- 12.Chairman’s Message: May/June 2018
- 13.WMIA News: May/June 2018
- 14.WMIA News: September/October 2018
- 15.WMIA News: April 2020
- 16.WMIA News: May 2020
- 17.WMIA News: June 2020
- 18.WMIA News: July 2020
- 19.WMIA News: August 2020
- 20.WMIA News: September 2020
- 21.WMIA News: October 2020
- 22.WMIA News: November 2020
- 23.WMIA News: January 2021
- 24.WMIA News: February 2021
- 25.WMIA News: March 2021